The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has announced Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 as part of the “Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav” fests announced to celebrate 75th year of India’s independence.
The hackathon is aimed at indentifying youth innovators who are presently part of engineering institutions. The UIDAI has come up with 2 themes for the event & is looking for technological results to these problems.
Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 schedule
The Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 will begin on October 28 & end on October 31 at 11 pm. The enrollments are live now & interested scholars can register till October 25.
Themes of Aadhaar Hackathon 2021
The Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 is based around 2 themes. First is based on registration & updating of information latterly on. The 2nd theme is based on the identification & authentication of users without sharing an Aadhaar number.
How to register for the Aadhaar Hackathon 2021
The hackathon is limited only to scholars of engineering colleges in India.
- To register, go to UIDAI’s hackathon website.
- Now, click on “Register Your Team”.
- Enter your Aadhaar number, college or university name & your team name.
- Enter the captcha & click on ‘Generate OTP’.
- Enter the OTP & click on “ Produce Team”.
Once the enrollment is complete, you’ll receive a team reference number. You’ll be allowed to add team members once the team is created.
Rules for Aadhaar Hackathon 2021
- The hackathon is open only for scholars of engineering colleges in India.
- A team can consists of max. five members.
- All the team members must be a part of the same institution.
- Participants must have a valid Aadhaar number.
- A student can not be part of more-than one team.
- Team must solve at least one problem to confirm their participation.
What are the prizes for the Aadhaar Hackathon 2021?
The winners of the Aadhaar Hackathon 2021 will receive a cash prize of Rs 3,00,000 & the runner ups will receive a cash prize of Rs 2,00,000. Next two teams will receive a cash prize of Rs 1,00,000.
In addition to this, all 4 teams also stand to work with the Aadhaar team to create a Next Generation identity & authentication platform as part of the Aadhaar 2.0 initiative. The teams will also receive invitation to participate in the Global Aadhaar 2.0 Conference.